2014 went by very quickly. Seldom do we feel that a new chapter of our lives is truly beginning. 2014 surely ushered in a new chapter of my life. So much happened and so much changed. I did so many exciting things from getting into medical school to going on a dinosaur dig. Here is 2014…in a flash.
- In the heat of the always draining medical application cycle, I was enthused to get into a Case Western!
- I saw the Barber of Seville for FREE (tickets I won in a Why I Love Opera essay contest). So much fun! FYI: I am a big opera fan.
- I completed my favorite class at UChicago, “The Comparative Fairy Tale,” and wrote a really great essay on the fairy tale and the sexual maturation of the female protagonist. At least…my professor thought it was great!
- I started a swim class! I could not swim previously…now I can (on my back) and freestyle with flippers.
APRIL (the most epic of months)
- I had the BEST april fool’s joke ever. Many were deceived.
- I met Christa and Aaida at Case Med’s Second Look Weekend. Who knew they’d end up being some of my closest friends in Cleveland?
- I got to meet some of the cast members from Veep, The West Wing (AHH JOSH LYMAN and TOBY ZIEGLER), and Scandal (yes I met Cyrus Beane)
- I modeled in the Culture Shock Show put together by the African and Caribbean Students Association! I also did not fall.
- Submitted my honors thesis!
- Then it was accepted! Celebration! Turn up! My PI gave me a hug woo!
- I finally met Sue at the Field Museum. Getting ready for my future expedition.
- I saw my favorite band, Vampire Weekend, again!
- I finally graduated from the University of Chicago w/ honors!
- I went on a fossil dig to Wyoming with Paul Sereno and my dinosaur science class!
- I am four wisdom-teeth less wiser! (quality of life dramatically improved)
- I moved to Cleveland and started med school!
- The CASE Chronicles began!
- I joined an orchestra for the first time since high school!
- I became a foodie.
- Joined Urban Health Pathway
- Started Narrative Medicine course
- Was elected Diversity Representative
- Finished block 2
- Had first orchestra concert!
- I saw old friends ❤
- I was frustrated with social injustice and tried to do something about it.
- Helped support the Free Clinic of Greater Cleveland with other case students!
2014 has been quite the year. A new chapter of my life has surely begun, and I am hoping for so much more. Resolutions: 1) stay more focused with less senioritis 2) be more patient 3) be more on top of research pursuits 4) make time for romanceeeeeee ❤
May you have a blessed end to 2014. May the new beginning you have dreamed of be more than a dream. May the hopes you have for yourself be realized.
May you have a very Happy New Year!